Saturday, February 26, 2011

World Map II

I almost have the map for the underside of my flat world done but I need to cut and paste some more mountain ranges and rivers from the original.  My players are finally, actually on a ship so I need a map for ocean travel decisions.

I took a portion of the previously posted world map and blew it up.  Then I rolled for map symbols and rolled for their placement.  This is what I ended up with.  I figure Nidus is the small island almost in the center.  I'll have some of the crew converse with the players and will have to decide how much they know about the map locations.  But what would interest you just from looking at it? 

4 comments:

  1. I want to know if there's any relationship between the symbols, especially the two cross/circles (eyecatching) and the two different symbols located across a strait from one another in the lower left corner.
    The spring thing up in the upper right looks a long way from the coast to me: I'd go for coastal things first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I was one of your players I'd vote to head northwest and hit the symbol that looks like a compass rose or a celtic cross first, then travel overland to the pair of squiggly lines, then keep on going to the shaded hill-like symbol. Not sure why, but those symbols seem the most interesting to me, and they're in a nice, almost straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, helpful comments. I was thinking those compass rose things could be cities. Maybe the cave looking things could be, well, caves. Although, the two across the strait from each other is intriguing, maybe a Scylla-Charybdis type thing.

    ReplyDelete